Wednesday, October 3, 2012

It's Time for Autumn: Falling Leaves Nails!

Don't forget to vote for my Monster Mash nail art every day! Click HERE and enter #26 in freehand category.  Thanks!

Well here is the first nail art challenge part of Polish, Glitter, and Rock & Roll's October nail art challenge which you can find here. The first category is Fall Into Fashion...and well, I translated that as choosing the colors I love to wear in my fashion around this time. My brown and black riding boots, my maroon corduroy skirts, chunky glitter scarves....ah, I love this time. 

I randomly found Harvest Moon on clearance the week it came out. Pretty sure it was a mistake but I snatched it up. I waited to wear it because it was so autumnal. What a gorgeous color! Two coats and no brushstrokes. I then did a gradient with Zoya Cheryl, another one I've had since last December (eek!). I will continue to use untrieds through this challenge! I loved this so much I left it on for a day before doing the art.

I googled "falling leaves nail art" and nothing really came up. So I made this up. It's a bit more abstract as my dots represent leaves. Hopefully you can tell those are barren trees. This reminded me of my college town in upstate New York. It had to most gorgeous foliage and this instantly brought me back there!











I really didn't want to take this off! For my trees, I used OPI I Brake for Manicures and for the leaves I used: Maybelline Autumn Leaves, A England Dragon, China Glaze Fireside Glow, Zoya Evvie, Butter London Wallis, and Wet n Wild Magic Trident. Phew, that's a lot of colors. But I think they worked! Don't forget to check out everyone else's Fall into Fashion manicures!

Click HERE to like my Facebook page and HERE to view my jewelry shop on Etsy!

11 comments:

  1. This is absolutely beautiful. Love the colors you chose. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was so in the mood for autumn and looked through my stash for the best colors and just went with it!

      Delete
  2. This is so gorgeous!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jacki! Next time I'm going to try more realistic leaves!

      Delete
  3. This is so gorgeous! I need to get Harvest Moon out to play and obtain Cheryl!!! Beautiful gradient!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Silver! Harvest Moon is stunning and I think it was the perfect base. Cheryl gets ignored but it's a gorgeous brown shimmer. I'll have to do a proper manicure with it soon.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Danielle! I loved wearing it and didn't want to take it off AT ALL!

      Delete
  5. great job on the gradient, if I were dextrous and patient enough I'd do just that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan, gradients are fairly simple and quick art. Mine are never perfect. I simply rip a piece of a makeup sponge, put some polish on a piece of foil, and dab away. I know there are other techniques to make them seamless, but I don't mind the rustic look :)

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! But please do not post any links in your comment as it will be automatically deleted. If you would like me to look at your site, please E-MAIL me. Thank you!!