Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Halloween Challenge: Rainbow Lollipop Nails

Just ten more days to vote for my Monster Mash manicure HERE. #26 in the freehand category!

We are moving right along with our Halloween challenges! Today continues Danielle's Halloween Challenge, which is at the end of the post so you can see what to look forward to!

Sugar coma...I tend to think of those giant, ridiculous rainbow swirl lollipops. Seriously, has anyone EVER eaten one of those? Maybe licked one, but definitely not finished one. So I assume, if you ate an entire giant rainbow swirly lollipop, you would probably crash HARD. Hopefully you find my nails just as sweet :-P


To achieve this look I started with a base of two coats OPI Don't Touch My Tutu. Why? I don't know. I thought there might be some visible nail with this look. But I ended up covering the nail. DTMT
may have allowed my colors to be more opaque though as I did not need two coats of any color.

I decided I wanted my rainbow lollipop to be more neon. I used China Glaze Hang Ten Toes, Zoya Arizona, Ulta Sunsational (go to yellow for nail art), Wet N Wild Nerd Alert: Screech, and Manglaze ILF. I topped it all off with a coat of Northern Lights. I was going to do this an as accent nail then loved it so much I did both my hands. O_0. It's definitely attention grabbing.


NOW, I ran out of sunlight before pictures, so please, please, please, come back tomorrow for more color accurate pictures. But for the sake of this challenge, here we go:


 






Danielle's Nail Art Challenge!
 I have been updating my Facebook with previews, so make sure you check out and like my page!



14 comments:

Thank you for your comment! But please do not post any links in your comment as it will be automatically deleted. If you would like me to look at your site, please E-MAIL me. Thank you!!