Thursday, October 25, 2012

Breast Cancer Awareness Nails

To interrupt our Halloween programming, here is something bright, cheery, and represents one of the many illnesses October represents. Most known is Breast Cancer Awareness (but please don't forget, all diseases and illnesses should be discussed all year long; there is no need to focus on one illness per month). Breast Cancer Awareness is especially important to me as it has a long history in my family, so do make sure to get your yearly check ups.

I have quite a few designs for Breast Cancer Awareness, and here is my first one. A reader asked if I would come up with designs incorporating pink, besides just using pink cremes. Well here is so somewhat easy nail art and if you don't have dotting tools, simply use the end of a booby pin!


I started with two coats ManGlaze Lesbihonest and the accent is 3 coats OPI Pedal Suzi Faster!  Have to admit, I hated Lesbihonest matte. It looks uneven and lumpy but that was settled once I used top coat. I then used Elevation Polish Daisen as the glitter and used ManGlaze F**k Off and Dye and OPI PSF as dots. I love this technique. No tape needed because the dots cover up the imperfect line. Lastly, I used Zoya Lara and China Glaze Pink Plumeria for my ribbons. Lots of pink, but I love this. Daisen is so unique as it is made up of pink and copper CIRCLE glitter in an iridescent base. LOVE LOVE LOVE.

I still have some other pink polishes and designs to show you and I hope they inspire you so  you can represent awareness with some awesome nails!







With flash.
I posted this mani on instagram, so make sure to follow me! Username is MichaK23. I'm attempting to use instagram more :) Also, find me on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! But please do not post any links in your comment as it will be automatically deleted. If you would like me to look at your site, please E-MAIL me. Thank you!!