Sunday, October 7, 2012

Blogger Collaboration - Most Expensive/Least Expensive Polish

Hi all! A bunch of bloggers decided we wanted to post our most expensive and least expensive polish...so here we go.

Well, my most expensive polish is Illamasqua Raindrops. But it's not because I dropped the ebay prices ($100-$150!!) but because a dear polish friend found some stock and I bought it retail. I haven't thus far spent crazy amounts on polish, but $23 is a lot for me! I decided to layer Raindrops over two coats of Butter London Sprog. I will say Sprog is THE first polish I have ever felt the need to buy a back up for, and will most likely do that this week haha. Sprog is much brighter, but the weather here is dreadful. I will probably update this tomorrow when the sun is out! I have put two coats of Raindrops on my index finger but I don't think it makes much of a difference.

EDIT: Sunlight pictures:



 

Illamasqua Raindrops over Butter London Sprog

Illamasqua Raindrops over Butter London Sprog

Illamasqua Raindrops over Butter London Sprog

Butter London Sprog, 2 coats

Butter London Sprog, 2 coats

My least expensive polish would obviously be any extras, or giveaway winnings (I've won three), or RAOKs but I decided for my least costly to me. Anise Late Night Party. As far as I know, this is exclusive to DSW stores. These are usually at the registers so for me, this was an impulse purchase. It rang up at 24 cents. Yes, $0.24! It's amazing looking in the bottle, but I played around with layering. 

Thumb: one coat LNP over L'oreal Raven Strength. Index: One coat LNP over Zoya Hope. Middle: One coat LNP over Essence Blue Ray. Ringe: 4 coats LNP. Pinky: 2 coats LNP over L'oreal Raven Strength.





If you haven't voted for me in the Manicured Monkey's nail art contest, please vote for 26 in the freehand section HERE


2 comments:

Thank you for your comment! But please do not post any links in your comment as it will be automatically deleted. If you would like me to look at your site, please E-MAIL me. Thank you!!