Partial Press Sample
Hi all! I just wanted to share a quick post with nails I wore for a party! I wanted something with sparkles and something I could do quickly, so I figured I would share this look even if it is not revolutionary.
So the night before I hosted a surprise party, I decided I wanted to change my nails. I should have known better than to do my nails at 9:30 at night lol. I wanted something celebratory since that was the occasion and my brain went to star glitter!
I have been wearing dark colors for a while now so I wanted to do something bright! Plus, I was wearing a black dress to the party, and did not want super dark nails too. So obviously, I went with a soft white. Did I regret it after, yes? My problem is I used a ridge filling base coat from KBShimmer and it just would.not.dry. I should have removed the base coat and restarted the manicure, but I did not...sigh.
The colors I used:
- OPI Funny Bunny
- KBShimmer Moon a Little Closer and Star-Studded
As I mentioned, the base coat would not dry and I felt it would just dry as I painted over it. That was wrong. So I woke up with dents and smooshed nails and I learned my lesson about using that base coat. I still think this is a pretty look though!
I really tried to just get the non-shaped glitters but that was proving impossible so I allowed one moon, mostly because when I tried to take it off, the entire base was pulling off (again, that base coat would not dry). So rather, I added stars so there would not be one random moon. I still like how this mani came out in theory! This would be awesome over a dark color too.
Products in the post were provided for honest review.
Ehmkay Nails on Facebook.
Ehmkay Nails on Instagram.
Ehmkay Nails on Pinterest.
Follow Ehmkay Nails with Bloglovin
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for your comment! But please do not post any links in your comment as it will be automatically deleted. If you would like me to look at your site, please E-MAIL me. Thank you!!