Saturday, September 12, 2026

Practical Magic Nail Art

 Contains press samples 

Practical Magic is coming out with its sequel this weekend. As a kid, I absolutely loved this movie. If you know anything about this blog, you know that I have been Halloween obsessed since a child. So it only makes sense that I love this movie. I actually have a gorgeous piece of artwork in my office that is the Owens Family house with the final line of the movie. So I really do mean that I love this movie! When I heard about the sequel, I was so excited! So naturally, I decided to do a themed nail art to honor one of my favorite movies! 


 I wanted to create a manicure inspired by some of the iconic imagery in the movie. Obviously, if I had longer or wider nails, I could do something a bit more intricate, but I’m human and I went with subtle. Some things I wanted to fit but couldn’t was a bottle of Bella Donna and a frog. I actually could have done the poison bottle, but the thought of trying to write Bella Donna intimidated me lol.

 


So many colors so I wrote the colors by nail:

  • Base: Stella Chroma Sagittarius, three thin coats
  • Index nail: KBShimmer Total Eclipse, Jessica Cosmetics Shadow, KBShimmer Under Pressure, KBShimmer Rum Me the Right Way.
  • Middle nail: KBShimmer Under Pressure, KBShimmer Shake Things Up, Zoya, Josie, Barry M Key Lime
  • Ring nail: KBShimmer Total Eclipse, Jessica Cosmetics Shadow
  • Pinky: Zoya Wyatt, Zoya Josie, Zoya Tina, Zoya Mira, KBShimmer net gains
  • Thumb: Zoya Margaret, Zoya Frankie, Zoya Wyatt, and Zoya, Josie


 

We have a few images from the movie, so without spoiling, there's the infamous rose bust, the Owens family black cat with a full moon, midnight margaritas with a salt shaker, the final scene with umbrellas and witch hats, and of course, lavender for luck.


 

I originally was going to do Stella Chroma Perseids as my base which is a darker blue, but it was just a tad too dark to paint black over it and have it be visible. Sagittarius was that perfect mix of night sky, but it was light enough that you could see the art over it. This is a matte nail polish so it is so gorgeous when it dries down but I did add an extra coat of matte so the art would pop. 



 

I wanted to share some photos showing more of the rose nail. I did end up doing this exact manicure on my right hand as well as it was not as hard to do as I thought. But as I was cooking dinner, I cut off my nail so I am back to shorties. SIGH. But this is a fun look and lots of people looked at my nails trying to figure it out. 




 

 Are you planning to see this movie? I plan to this week!

Products in the post were provided for honest review.

Ehmkay Nails on Facebook.
Ehmkay Nails on Instagram.
Ehmkay Nails on Pinterest.
Follow Ehmkay Nails with Bloglovin 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! But please do not post any links in your comment as it will be automatically deleted. If you would like me to look at your site, please E-MAIL me. Thank you!!