Contains press samples
I was dead set on having one more neon look before I go into autumn and Halloween nail art. I originally wanted to start my Halloween nail art in early August but my nail break annoyed me. I like the length of my nails now but again, I just really wanted some neon before I went into black and oranges and purples. Let's just say I am obsessed with how these came out!
I was thinking of a way how I can combine multiple neon colors. I looked back at some of my neon nail art and fell in love with my neon leopard nail art from my 2020 blog anniversary. I knew I wanted to do it again, so I pulled out some newer neons and went to town. This is such Lisa Frank vibes!
I bought Funny Bunny this year and haven’t used it yet and I love that idea of a crisp white base. It’s not exactly opaque but perfectly squishy. Because there’s so much going on with the nail art, it doesn’t need to be opaque. I only did two coats of it for this look, but if I were to wear it on its own, I would probably use three.
Here are my fun colors! I really love Funny Bunny and cannot believe I waited this long to buy it!
- Base: OPI Funny Bunny
- Pink: KBShimmer Playing Heart to Get
- Orange: KBShimmer Push Your Luck
- Yellow: KBShimmer Juice the Cutest
- Green: KBShimmer Love Bytes
- Purple: KBShimmer Crimp My Style
- Blue: KBShimmer Happy Camper
- Dark blue outline: ORLY High on Hope
Then I wanted to do an outline for the leopard print, but I thought black would be too harsh. I found this old navy blue ORLY which I think is from like 2013. I actually remember winning this collection from a Facebook giveaway. I used this blue because while it is darker and shimmery it’s not exactly super opaque so it wouldn’t weigh down the look. I also appreciated that a 13-year-old polish still worked great. In the end, I think it gave the perfect amount of shimmer!
Are you still rocking neons? It's been gorgeous weather, so my brain is not ready for dark colors, but I am committed to Halloween art.
Products in the post were provided for honest review.
Ehmkay Nails on Facebook.
Ehmkay Nails on Instagram.
Ehmkay Nails on Pinterest.
Follow Ehmkay Nails with Bloglovin
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for your comment! But please do not post any links in your comment as it will be automatically deleted. If you would like me to look at your site, please E-MAIL me. Thank you!!