Thursday, March 11, 2021

Zoya Darling Spring Striped Nail Art


So yesterday I shared my swatches of the Zoya Spring 2021 Darling collection. You can check out my full review HERE. I mentioned enjoying the balance of the soft colors with the almost neon-y colors. I love to do collection nail art to see how palettes work. I usually keep it simple and today, I feel like I created the ideal spring striped sweater on my nails!



So I mentioned yesterday that Kayleigh was not my favorite on my skin tone but that it would work for art for me. Well, here ya go! I love it as a base! I was actually looking for a bright off-white Zoya creme, but for some reason, I don't have that in my collection. HUH? I practiced this over Zoya Ana which I did like, but decided to keep it just to the Darling colors. The palest color happened to be Kayleigh, so I did a base coat of two coats of that polish.




After Kayleigh dried for about 5 minutes, I added my stripes. You could certainly use top coat to expedite this, but I prefer less coats so I get more longevity out of my manicures and I planned to wear this a while (put it on March 6th). For the big stripes, I used the actual nail polish brush. For the thinner ones, I used a striping brush.

These are no perfect straight lines, nor were they meant to be. I have done variants of this look and I always like the texture of the rough lines. No one is perfect! I topped it all with top coat and called it a day. This look took about 45 minutes, including letting the base dry. 



So there you have it! You can really see just how well these colors work together. This collection is available now!

Zoya: SHOPFacebook, Instagram. Zoya is *BIG10 FREE. 

Products in the post were provided for honest review.

Ehmkay Nails on Facebook.
Ehmkay Nails on Instagram.
Ehmkay Nails on Pinterest.
Follow Ehmkay Nails with Bloglovin.

1 comment:

Thank you for your comment! But please do not post any links in your comment as it will be automatically deleted. If you would like me to look at your site, please E-MAIL me. Thank you!!