Monday, August 21, 2023

Stella Chroma July 2023 Neon LE

Gift

Stella Chroma does a monthly mystery polish that she sends out to subscribers. I don’t currently subscribe to this, but I have subscribed to her mystery boxes in the past and loved them. It’s a chance for you to try new polishes that you might not otherwise purchase. I find that sometimes I love polishes so much more once they’re on my nails than in a bottle. For April’s color, Pam did an amazing pink neon. People went crazy for it and so she surprised everyone by creating a special, limited edition polish that is slightly different from the monthly mystery. She sold out in just a few hours. I know I’m going to be moving to autumn polishes soon, so I wanted to put on this polish before I no longer was in the neon mood. I don’t like my polishes sitting around untried. I only have two untried polishes right now and this is one of them. 

 

 

Here is Pam's description: 

"Y’all asked for it! April 2023’s mystery was a HUGE hit and I had extra pigment left over. My inbox and DMs exploded with requests to buy it, but that isn’t possible with the mystery subscription. But I did agree to do something I rarely do… make a LE batch of polish. I started with the exact same base color, but added a strong blue/green shifting shimmer and red/orange/yellow shifting flakies. Opaque in two coats. Add a topcoat for the best look!"




July 2023 Neon LE: 2 coats. This is a super hot neon pink with blue to purple shimmer and iridescent flakes. I swear you could do one coat and be done; that’s how pigmented it is. I opted for two because I wanted more shimmer. I won't lie; this is out of my comfort zone because I typically use neons for nail art, not as their own manicure. The only neons I usually wear are pastel neons, which has sadly been out of my rotation for no particular reason.


I then decided to stamp some stars over this. Mr. Ehmkay said it gave Christmas vibes. But the plate was a plate with stars on it! What do you think? I just wanted to break up all the pink.



I wore it for way too long and actually had them on when I finally went to see Barbie, so I guess that's fitting?

 Stella Chroma: Shop, Facebook, Instagram

Ehmkay Nails on Facebook.
Ehmkay Nails on Instagram.
Ehmkay Nails on Pinterest.
Follow Ehmkay Nails with Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. I love the color. I have a few bottles lined up to wear before its fall because neons don't really work in the fall. I like the stamping art. But I can see the design working for christmas art too. It's nice to see the hubbies weighing in on our nails. I love when my husband comments on mine. Thanks for sharing πŸ’œπŸ’œ
    Tami

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know people say wear whatever you want at any season, but I really don't gravitate to neons during the fall and winter. Yes, I love asking him about what to do on my nails when I don't have inspo. He has such good ideas! Thanks for you comments, Tami. I always enjoy reading them.

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! But please do not post any links in your comment as it will be automatically deleted. If you would like me to look at your site, please E-MAIL me. Thank you!!