Sunday, September 29, 2013

Cheers to Breaking Bad: A Nail Art Tribute for the Series Finale

Unless you've been living under a rock, you know that the series Breaking Bad ends tonight. Even if you don't follow the show, you have definitely heard about it. For me, I only started watching it this past summer, and sped through the series just in time for the final season. I sort of wish I had watched it from the start--there's something about watching a series and moving through the years and the commitment. I love this show so much, and I found myself keeping it on any time I could this past week while AMC played the entire series.

So as in true nature for television shows I love, I had to do some nail art. Truly, the show is all about the chemistry, so I focused on what Walter White would be proud of.

The base is L'Oreal Raven's Strength. I then used OPI My Boyfriend Scales Wall to write the formulas seen in the opening sequence along with the two periodic table elements. I finished it off using the watercolor technique to create the hazardous-looking smoke we see so frequently in the show. The smoke was created using neons Essie Funky Limelight, Model's Own Toxic Apple, Spoiled Jaded, and Essie Shake Your $$ Maker.

Breaking Bad Nail Art
Breaking Bad Nail Art
Breaking Bad Nail Art
Breaking Bad Nail Art
Breaking Bad Nail Art
Breaking Bad Nail Art
From Instagram:
Breaking Bad Nail Art
Do you think I did this show justice? I really couldn't choose a theme--I wanted to do yellow jumpsuits, or barrels, or twenty other ideas; in the end, it was the classic opening sequence that I chose to do. Here's the image that inspired me. You'll note in faint font in the background, you can see where I got the chemical formulas and numbers.



I cannot wait for the finale, yet it is so bittersweet since this is the only "live" season I've ever watched. I really hope I just don't feel empty inside like I have the past few episodes. Cheers to tonight.

Facebook.
Instagram.
Etsy Shop.
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

2 comments:

Thank you for your comment! But please do not post any links in your comment as it will be automatically deleted. If you would like me to look at your site, please E-MAIL me. Thank you!!