Saturday, August 18, 2012

Zoya Apple with KB Shimmer Clown Puke

I have been working my way through my untrieds lately. I went on a no buy in July, but broke it for the A England sale. I'd say 5 polishes in a month is not bad. But in September, I'll be back to my no buy because once those Halloween polishes come out, I will probably go crazy.

Here is two coats of Zoya Apple. I was away when I did my nails, and totally forgot to take a picture alone. Zoya Apple is so gorgeous BUT it stained my nails so so so horribly. I used a coat of Nailtiques 2 and Beauty Secrets ridge filler and still got such bad staining. Since I am trying to slim down my stash, I may have to purge this one for such bad staining :( 

Then I decided to use KB Shimmer Clown Puke. This is my second bottle since my first had curly red bars and it was so annoying I knew I wouldn't use it again. This version is much better but also much prettier. My first bottle was heavy on yellow/gold tones and this one was more rainbow (comp pic below). I guess this is a kind of "everything but the kitchen sink" polish, but I didn't realize they would be so different. I do like this polish but I think the white glitter actually kind of ruins it. But the black glitter really adds depth to the shiny rainbow goodness.

Unfortunately, I only had SV with me and it caused shrinkage on the Zoya and chipped like the next day. Sad. Some manis are just not meant to be. The manicure was actually beautiful and blinding, just did not last long.






Yes, that is a dog under my hand.

New on left, old on right. Do you see what I mean?

You can see the curly glitter on the left. On the right is the new version with smaller bars that don't curl
So what do you think of Clown Puke? I thought I would love it so much more. Next time, I think I will try to avoid getting white glitter on the nail.

Have you visited my Etsy shop or liked my Facebook page?

3 comments:

  1. Great combo. Hate nail staining. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate it too! It's so pretty but I may have to purge this one. I even had to buff to get rid of the stains!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! But please do not post any links in your comment as it will be automatically deleted. If you would like me to look at your site, please E-MAIL me. Thank you!!