Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Laissez les bons temps rouler! Mardi Gras Harlequin Nails

Hi all! Hope you enjoy the last night of Mardi Gras. I so yearn those of you in the south. It's 20 degrees but feels like 8 up here. Ouch. Not much for celebrating, but I love the colors, music, and atmosphere of the event---so if you're down south, enjoy! Here's both my Mardi Gras manis together, first! You will want to enlarge all of these!



Red Dog Designs came out with a limited edition polish for Mardi Gras called Harlequin Ball, which is only available for March. I love this polish so much! The diamonds, both large and small, the circle glitters, and micro glitter make the most awesome glitter topper with tons of holographic sparkle. I see myself using this all the time! I used 1.5 coats (I'm anal about glitter placement) over two coats of Accessorize Dragonfly, which I bought in London.
 

On my other nails, I did harlequin outfit nails. I followed the tutorial from Nail Nerd but mine are not nearly as good! I free handed them all but I'm sure tape or stamping is easier.


Mardi Gras Harlequin Nails

Mardi Gras Harlequin Nails

Mardi Gras Harlequin Nails

Mardi Gras Harlequin Nails

Mardi Gras Harlequin Nails

Mardi Gras Harlequin Nails

The green is two coats of Illamasqua Omen. The purple is two coats of Illamasqua Poke. And the gold is two coats of OPI L.A.M.B. with one coat of OPI Goldeneye.
  
I then got fancy and took out my Mardi Gras beads from when I went a few years ago! Hope you enjoy my "artistic" pictures.

Mardi Gras Harlequin Nails

Mardi Gras Harlequin Nails

Mardi Gras Harlequin Nails

Mardi Gras Harlequin Nails

You can purchase Red Dog Designs Hareliquin Ball and her other Mardi Gras LE King Cake, HERE for $10.  

One more time:  Laissez les bons temps rouler!

Facebook.
Instagram.
Etsy Shop.
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

1 comment:

Thank you for your comment! But please do not post any links in your comment as it will be automatically deleted. If you would like me to look at your site, please E-MAIL me. Thank you!!