Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Glitter Layering Experiments with Red Dog Designs The Temptress

I have no idea how I feel about my manicure so....hopefully some feedback.

I started with a coat of Ulta Limelight which I would never wear alone because I presume it would take 4-5 coats to become opaque, but I wanted a light base. I then used one amazing coat of The Temptress which is STUNNING. You can absolutely get this opaque on its own, but I like undies and the way it looks at one coat. I wore it for a day like that, and then I had this idea in my head that may not have worked but people kept commenting on my nails.

I layered on one coat of Hit Polish O'Christmas Tree but I'm not sure I am feeling it, which means it may have to be purged.  Then I sponged on Zoya Rina and I loved it! But no, I couldn't stop. I dabbed on Love & Beauty multi glitter (the larger colorful hexes), and they were gorgeous! But they didn't look like what I wanted. Then I added garland with a snowman red glitter. Do you see what I was going for? Let me know in the comments.

Christmas Tree Nail Art
Red Dog Designs The Temptress

Red Dog Designs The Temptress
So here is the glitter before the last two steps. While I liked the way this looked, I wasn't sure it was giving off the vibe I wanted it to.


Christmas Tree Nail Art

Christmas Tree Nail Art
Christmas Tree Nail Art
Christmas Tree Nail Art
Christmas Tree Nail Art
Since people asked, I just wanted to mention removal was a breeze with the foil method. I don't use glue as a base coat because I find the polish slides off within hours. Must be my body chemistry. 

Facebook.
Instagram. MichaK23
Etsy Shop.

1 comment:

Thank you for your comment! But please do not post any links in your comment as it will be automatically deleted. If you would like me to look at your site, please E-MAIL me. Thank you!!