Sunday, December 29, 2013

Actual Ugly Christmas Sweater Nails...after Christmas!

So Christmas was a few days ago...how many of you threw out your trees and took your decorations down already? Screw that! I keep the holiday cheer going (the Rockefeller Tree does stay up until the first week of January). I got an awesome package from my polish friend Gina right before Christmas but had my nails done already. She added a baggie of those crazy huge Christmas glitters we've been seeing in so many indie polishes. I had to use them along with the 3 packs of Christmas decals I bought (why, Michelle, why, did you need THREE packs??). Basically this turned into one ugly manicure, yet at the same time was CHRISTMAS EXPLOSION. It literally looks like one of those ugly Christmas sweaters on their nails, and I loved/hated it.

The red base for my nails is Kiko LE Laser polish in Fluent Red (Kiko 432) and the green in Kiko LE Digital Glitter in Illusion Green (Kiko 411). The Digital glitter is so sparkly and fabulous (and even has tiny little bars...see macro at the end of the post). Both Kikos were two coats. Then I just threw up Christmas all over them in every motif possible.


Ugly Christmas Sweater Nail Art
Ugly Christmas Sweater Nail Art

Ugly Christmas Sweater Nail Art
Ugly Christmas Sweater Nail Art

Ugly Christmas Sweater Nail Art
Kiko 411 and Kiko 432

Kiko 411 and Kiko 432
Kiko 411 Macro
As fun as this manicure was, it did not last long. These glitters are great, but I have very curvy nails, so even with THREE coats of top coat, they wouldn't stay done. The candy canes did stay because I placed them on the flattest part of my nail, but within a few hours, I saw I was missing bells haha. Gina also sent me pink and white snowflake glitters but I decided to save those for a different manicure.

Well...as we head into the new year, what do you plan on wearing on your nails?

Facebook.
Instagram.
Etsy Shop.
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. lol those are some cute ugly sweater nails!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Katherine. They were so gawdy and ridiculous that I actually kind of loved them haha

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! But please do not post any links in your comment as it will be automatically deleted. If you would like me to look at your site, please E-MAIL me. Thank you!!