Friday, October 31, 2014

China Glaze Apocalypse of Colour Collection

Nothing to Disclose

I always look forward to China Glaze's Halloween Collection! The brand is known for their awesome Halloween collections and when I saw this one at Cosmoprof, I was definitely excited. The Apocalypse of Colour features six colors, and I have five below. I love the inspiration behind the colors and the names! Check out my swatches below!

China Glaze Apocalypse of Color Collection


The sixth color, Ghoulish Glow, is a repromote of their Glow in the Dark polish, and certainly worth picking. I really wanted to show you this Halloween collection before Halloween, but they awesome thing about this collection is that the majority of the colors do not scream Halloween to me and can be used year round. They are wonderful for nail art as well.


I Love Your Guts: 2 coats. You know, it does kind of remind me of guys when I connect the name, yet it also reminds me of strawberries! I Love You Guts is a red-pink shimmer texture polish with black microglitter. The formula is excellent and really you cold do one coat. This polish dries FAST. Like literally dries in one minute, so work quickly. I can't believe how quick it dries! I've shown it matte and then with one coat of top coat.

China Glaze I Love Your Guts, without top coat

China Glaze I Love Your Guts, without top coat

China Glaze I Love Your Guts, with top coat

China Glaze I Love Your Guts, with top coat
But Of Corpse: 2 coats. See, the names? This is a shimmery green polish that has black microglitter throughout, similar to I Love You Guts. Same quick dry formula. This one reminds me of kiwis! It also dries matte and I've shown it matte and top coats.

China Glaze But Of Corpse, without top coat

China Glaze But Of Corpse, without top coat

China Glaze But Of Corpse, with top coat

China Glaze But Of Corpse, with top coat

Getting to Gnaw You: 2 coats. This is similar to the other two above, but it is not a texture. It is a black jelly-ish base with orange microglitter but it is a smoother polish. I've shown it below without top coat. This is a great subtle Halloween polish. 

China Glaze Getting to Gnaw You

China Glaze Getting to Gnaw You

Don't Let the Dead Bite: 2-3 coats. This polish is awesome. It will be perfect for Valentine's Day, but with this name, I totally think of fleshy skin being ripped apart and the red glitter bits ad guts (too much?). I really love the nude base as it deepens the red glitter to not be super shiny. I used mostly 2 coats but some of my longer nails needed three.

China Glaze Don't Let the Dead Bite

China Glaze Don't Let the Dead Bite

China Glaze Don't Let the Dead Bite

Rest in Pieces: 1 coat. Rest in Pieces is a great multi-functional glitter. I used one coat over Getting to Gnaw You and on my ring finger, I used three coats alone. This is a perfect New Year's Eve polish! The big black hexes come out easily and usually I'm not a bar glitter fan but these just work!

China Glaze Rest in Pieces

China Glaze Rest in Pieces

China Glaze Rest in Pieces

China Glaze Rest in Pieces

I really love this collection and I know I will constantly reach for them for nail art (and I have so many ideas already, including using But Of Corpse for holiday nail art). This collection is available NOW.

Like China Glaze on Facebook and follow them on Instagram to stay updated with current collectionz. China Glaze is available at many major retailers such as Ulta Beauty and Sally's Beauty.  They also have a comprehensive website with all their colors and collections as well as store locators.

Ehmkay Nails on Facebook
Ehmkay Nails on Instagram
Ehmkay Nails on Pinterest.
Follow Ehmkay Nails with Bloglovin.

2 comments:

  1. Your manis & photos are amazing! Funny how the mainstreams are copying the indies these days, isn't lt?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mainstream companies have definitely paid attention to the indies and are releasing more edgy polish and I love it!

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! But please do not post any links in your comment as it will be automatically deleted. If you would like me to look at your site, please E-MAIL me. Thank you!!