Sunday, February 10, 2013

My Zombie Nails: Lynnderella Undead Red with Red Dog Designs The Engineer

You know what tonight is? The Walking Dead comes back after its mid-season finale in December and I couldn't be more excited. In fact, I may or may not have watched all of season one and season two this week to prep for it coming back. I need to know what happens between Daryl and Merle! So for the premiere, I decided of my version of zombie nails.

I started with one coat of Zoya Sooki, my go to red creme. Then I added one coat of Red Dog Designs The Engineer which is a gorgeous, red tinted glitter. You can make it opaque on its own, I am just a habitual layerer. Then to zombify my nails, I used one coat of Lynnderella Undead Red (get the zombie reference??). I love this polish. The microglitter in The Engineer still showed through Undead Red and I think they were a perfect matching which created a manicure full of depth.

I got loads of compliments on this mani which must mean what people say about red being the classic polish color as true. This clearly could be a Valentine's Day look but for me, I thought of the different tones of red for the blood, and the iridescent blue as the de-oxygenated blood. Or even blue veins. Hope I didn't just ruin this polish for you. Super glowy and tons of different shapes of glitter. Check out the giant ass square glitter on my thumb.

Lynnderella Undead Red with Red Dog Designs The Engineer

Lynnderella Undead Red with Red Dog Designs The Engineer

Lynnderella Undead Red with Red Dog Designs The Engineer

Lynnderella Undead Red with Red Dog Designs The Engineer
 Completely awkward thumb shot, but if you look at the bottom left of my thumb, you can see the huge square glitter I was talking about. Enlarge the picture to see it.

Lynnderella Undead Red with Red Dog Designs The Engineer

Any other fans of The Walking Dead?

Facebook.
Instagram: MichaK23
Etsy Shop.

6 comments:

  1. I'm a huge fan of the walking dead!! I can't wait to watch either! Love the blood inspired nails!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am dead in love with this mani - it's red perfection. And thanks for making me order another Lynn. I needed another like I needed a punch in the face. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah, well stop finding me awesome deals on Lynns and then I won't keep buying :-P JK, we are addicted

      Delete
    2. Yes we are addicted! And I looked at this and LOVE it again! Maybe it's on my nails next. Tonight....Team Daryl!!

      Delete
  3. Thank you! It was super blingy and I kept it on longer than I normally do

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! But please do not post any links in your comment as it will be automatically deleted. If you would like me to look at your site, please E-MAIL me. Thank you!!